[mythtv] BTAudio / Alsa on nForce

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 00:06:54 -0500

On Thursday 12 December 2002 11:48 pm, Harondel J. Sibble wrote:
> On 12 Dec 2002 at 23:03, Thor Johnson wrote:
> > I finally got around to trying the BTAudio module on my card (Avermedia
> > TVStudio98),
> > but found quite a few things that were disappointing:
> >   1.  I could only get the analog portion to work; the Digital one
> > resulted in no sound
>
> Can you detail what steps you took to get the btaudio module working?  I've
> been trying to get it working with my ATI TV Wonder without success.
>
> If you could explain the steps you took in order, what module options you
> loaded, what shows up in syslog etc, that'd be awesome since documentation
> on the btaudio driver in general seems to be quite lacking.

'modprobe btaudio', once the bttv modules are installed.

look at the info it spits out to syslog, it says what dsp devices it created.
Setup mythtv to use the digital dsp (should be the first one), locked to a
32000Hz sampling rate.

That's pretty much all there is to it.  If you don't get any audio, then the
capture card most likely isn't hooked up to transfer audio that way.

Isaac