[mythtv] ATI supported with Myth?

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:10:03 -0800

On 12 Dec 2002 at 10:23, Greg.Froese@Federated.CA wrote:

> Is anybody successfully using an ATI capture card with mythtv?
The AIW's (all models) don't work with mythv due to missing features in the
current drivers, someday that may change, hopefully sooner rather than later
as I have 2 AIW's myself.

> I am getting terrible picture quality with my WinTV card, there is a whole
> block of channels that are completely unwatchable, but the feed on the TV is
> fine. The quality is the same in xawtv and mythtv.

One of 3 things is likely
1) You are using the wrong channels for your area (ie us-cable in canada )
2) If 1 is not the case you may need to tune the current channel set, either
globally or on a channel by channel basis (or is some cases both), see the
xawtv manpage for more info.
3) You have the wrong tuner (or none) specified for your card in modules.conf
Typically most north american based cards will use  tuner=2 for the bttv
options as that is the Phillips NTSC tuner.  There are others you can try for
phillips tuners and there are also options for tuners from other
manufacturers.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting