[mythtv] ATI supported with Myth?

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:56:15 -0600 (CST)

On 12 Dec, Greg.Froese@Federated.CA wrote:
> Is anybody successfully using an ATI capture card with mythtv?
>
> I have an old ATI All-In-Wonder (Mach64) laying around, and if I could use
> that as a secondary video card (no output, just for input) that would be
> great.
> Does this require the use of the Gatos drivers
> (http://gatos.sourceforge.net/) and v4l, or how does this work?
>
> ALSO
>
> I am getting terrible picture quality with my WinTV card, there is a whole
> block of channels that are completely unwatchable, but the feed on the TV
> is fine.
> The quality is the same in xawtv and mythtv.

Not sure about the all-in-wonder card, but I also had problems with my
WinTV card. Actually Its an ATI TV Wonder VE. The card is supposed to
be NTSC, but bttv.o/tuner.o autodetected a PAL tuner:

bttv0: i2c attach [client=Temic PAL* auto (4006 FN5),ok]
i2c-core.o: client [Temic PAL* auto (4006 FN5)] registered to adapter [bt848 #0](pos. 0).

I am pretty sure its actually a Phillips tuner. So I manually set
type=17 (Phillips NTSC) with "insmod tuner type=17" and "insmod bttv
tuner=17." I was missing many channels and the channels were shifted by
one. Channel 12 would actually tune in on channel 13 and so on.I also
had to "fine tune" the channels to get them to come in right. Now it
works great.

-matthew