[mythtv] Possible Feature? Manual recording

Kristof Pelckmans mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:37:50 +0100

Quoting Calvin Harrigan <calvinharrigan@earthlink.net>:
> I guess what I would like is a
> way to manually setup a recording time.  Say manually input 11:35pm -
> 12:00am and then have everything record as expected.
> Too far fetched.  I'm experimenting with the database and so far it
> seems possible, just need to add it to the gui/code.  If no one else is
> working on this and it seems usable to enough folks, I would like to
> take a stab at it.
I stumbled along MythTV while getting all my components together for a homebrew
audio video distribution application using a central Linux server. However,
using MythTV presently poses one big problem : I live in Belgium :
unfortunately xml-tv does not support Belgian program guides (looking at the
possibility of adding the support myself). So in the beginning, it would be
great to have a feature that enables you to 'manually' record a show ! Would I
have trouble setting up the database when not using xml-tv, or would I just
tell to grab UK program guides and not use them ?

Thanks !

-K-