[mythtv] Feature suggestion, automatic old show deletion.

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:15:18 -0700

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 06:24:21PM -0500, Chris Pinkham wrote:

> Why not have an option that says "keep X versions of this show".  So if you
> select to record the news every day, you could say keep 1 copy so it would
> overwrite every morning.  Then when you said to record say "Law & Order"
> anytime it came on, you could say to keep 4 copies of it so it would keep the
> latest 4 episodes.  You could set it to 5 to keep the M-F versions of a show
> that comes on every weekday.

While that would be nice, even just a "delete the oldest show if necessary
to make room for the new one" would be nice.  I normally don't care how many
old episodes of any given program are kept but I don't want current
recording to fail due to lack of space and I don't want to have to manually
delete every show.

--
Ray