[mythtv] (Fwd) [misterhouse-users] Creative Credit Card Remote Control

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:02:24 -0800

Saw this on the misterhouse list and thought folks who are into using a
remote with myth might be interested.
From:           	Richard Smith
	<rjsmith0@usa.net>
To:             	<misterhouse-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject:        	[misterhouse-users] Creative Credit Card Remote Control
Send reply to:  	misterhouse-users@lists.sourceforge.net
	<mailto:misterhouse-users-request@lists.sourceforge.net?subject=subscribe>
Date sent:      	Tue, 10 Dec 2002 01:13:39 -0500

I purchased one of these Creative Credit Card Remotes a few months back and
wasn't very happy with the included software, so I decoded the protocol for
use with MH recently.  The 24 button remote comes with a serial connected IR
receiver for only $8 (see the link below).  I have attached a simple pl file
used for testing.  It could easily be used with any existing MH multimedia
control.  I am planning on using it for either the MH MP3 control or a MH
Video Control I am working on.  I am making it available here for anyone
interested in using it.  Please share any thoughts.

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CIMR100

Include the following lines in your ini file: (customize for your setup)

serial2_port=COM4
serial2_baudrate=2400
serial2_handshake=none
serial2_datatype=raw