[mythtv] Simple player

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 21:19:26 -0800

On 10 Dec 2002 at 22:55, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Then there is a missing variable in this equation.  You have more than
> enough CPU for this task.

I agree, it's quite frustrating as the cpu can easily spike up to 80-90%
usage with RTjpeg.

I am running on a VIA KT133a motherboard, with 2 ATA100 hard drives, both
selected for their performance. I don't have too many background tasks etc.
For some reason this box just doesn't seem "up to it"  <shrug>

Mind you it is pretty heavily loaded with hardware, possibly any of which
could have an impact.

-2940uw scsi card with cdrom, cdrw, dat drive and scanner attached.
-dual tv tuner cards
-gf2mx400 video card
-sblive sound card
-dxr3 mpeg decoder card
-ide dvd-rom
-network card

300mb ram

The first hdd is a Seagate Barracuda 20gb and the second is a Western Digital
40gb which is dedicated to mythtv nuv files and is formatted as ext2 for
speed.

Basically, this should rock.  I can do PiP fine, but bringing up the epg
while watching can take quite a while. Also sometimes I can cause mythtv to
lockup just by ff or rw'ing quickly during live tv.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting