[mythtv] My RedHat 8 Setup VS. Docs

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. mythtv-dev@snowman.net
10 Dec 2002 12:02:01 -0800

>>>>> On Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:30:47 -0600, "Brent" <brent@biglinux.tccw.wku.edu> said:

b> I believe that Gnome does have such window focus that KDE doesn't.  I am
b> a gnome kinda guy so I am said to say it, but I think that it does.  The
b> MythTV frontend will not release the focus to allow the MythTV TV viewer
b> to be in top.  KDE doesn't seem to have this issue, but both of them
b> seem to be bigger than what you really need to run this.  I haven't
b> decided what the best one is yet.  Right now I am using WindowMaker, but
b> I don't know if I will stick with it or not.

        I am using RedHat 8 and I see the window focus problem on both
Gnome (metacity?) and KDE.  However, it seems like the problem only
occurs at 800x600 and not at 1280x1024.  Both WindowMaker and Sawfish
seem to be okay although Sawfish seems to be a little off with the
placement of the fullscreen mythtv window.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net