[mythtv] Segfault... still

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 10:36:36 -0500

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:01:47AM -0500, Chris Liscio wrote:

> > Just "setValue(" sounds quite impossible unless your compile is broken.
> > The segfault seems to be unrelated to the profile setup.
>
> Actually, I saw setValue( a few times on my earlier install when I entered
> one of the settings panels (can't recall right now.  will try to repro in
> newest cvs tree when I get Debian fully configured...).
>
> I don't think anything was locking up though.  It may have just been an
> extra print statement or something, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
> :)

The only place in the code which prints that string is here:

./libs/libmyth/settings.h:71:        cerr << "setValue(" << getName() << "): " << newValue << endl;

where getName() is a trivial accessor.

It is possible that another thread could produce output at this point, but
eventually the rest of the string would be printed.

--
 - mdz