[mythtv] mythmusic w/o id3 and setting to limit how often rereads dir

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 18:16:34 -0500

On Saturday 07 December 2002 06:47 pm, Benjamin Binford wrote:
> Here's the patch that implements the algorithm below. It works pretty well
> on my medium-small size mp3 collection (600-700 mp3's), but I'm interested
> to see how it works for other people. I don't have a gcc 2.x compiler to
> try it on either so your mileage may vary. All the changes are confined to
> mythmusic's main.cpp, but if you want to use some of the stuff for your
> mythvideo maybe we should refactor some of it into libmyth. Feel free to
> mail me directly if you want to use it- I have some ideas on how to rip it
> out and make it more general.

Hmmm.  Might be simpler to just do:

 select filename from musicmetadata;

store that in a map<qstring, bool> like you've got the file list, then compare
the music list against that.

Reason being, that would make possible to cull entries out of the database
that are no longer present on the filesystem at the same time it's looking
for new files..

Isaac