[mythtv] mythweb patch: "movies" page, bugfixes

Grant Taylor mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 13:33:10 -0500

> Yeah I modified your code to do just that, to return only programs
> that are greater than 70 minutes in length over the next 5 days or
> so.  I think the overall layout might need to be changed a little
> too, since once you get that movie programs it becomes pretty
> unwieldy, but thanks for the start at least.

I suppose; I just wanted to avoid "four million overlapping query"
syndrome as for the listings grid.  That made my TV stutter.

Ideally it would be possible to write the program to pull rows one at
a time from the sql client library, process, and discard.  That would
give flat memory use etc.  But I really only speak Perl, so I just
sort of muddled along replicating the existing structure...

--
Grant Taylor - gtaylor@picante.com - http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/
    Linux Printing Website and HOWTO:  http://www.linuxprinting.org/