[mythtv] X10 MouseRemote for Linux

Sebastian Kuzminsky mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:42:20 -0800

goraczkm@attbi.com wrote:
] The best remote I found is the ATI wonder RF remote (you can get them with the
] all in wonder 7500 and 8500dv or separatly). They are X10 remote but I cannot
] found the same remote on the X10 page (the closest is the X10 UR74A and the
] price is the same as the ATI remote). The driver that I use is the one from
] the GATOS project (you only need the remote driver nothing else) and it is
] easy to configure in X.
]
] Michel
] > My barebones case will be here in two days!
] >
] > I saw on the list someone asking about remotes, and that got me to start
] > looking around. Has anyone used X10 MouseRemote? Hate the banners, like the
] > products. The closest thing I found was http://www4.pair.com/gribnif/ha/

I've used X10 radio (not IR) remotes - they worked reliably but were
not ideal due to high latency.

They work quite reliably if you have the radio-to-AC-wiring bridge nearby
(in the same room or one room away).  The big problem is with latency,
it takes upwards of a second between when you press the button and when
the CM-11 X10-to-computer interface sends the signal to the computer
over the serial line.

This might be a problem specific to the CM-11 interface rather than the
remote, but none of the other X10 controllers i've played with have a
mechanism for sending X10 events to the computer.

Sebastian