[mythtv] Simple player

Harondel J. Sibble mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 17:01:06 -0800

On 6 Dec 2002 at 19:17, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I think that mplayer may be able to play MythTV 0.7 files if RTjpeg is used,
> but I haven't bothered to look into this, since I don't use RTjpeg.
It didn't under 0.6 as I tried :-(  I'll give it a go now, but I don't expect
much better success.

> I have modified mplayer to understand MythTV video files (and thus mencoder
> works as well).  It basically works, and can be used for viewing and lossless
> and fix it or tell me what the problem is, that would be fantastic.  I have
> only tested it with mpeg4 video and mp3 audio.

Has anyone tested this patch against rtjpeg based mythtv files? I use rtjpeg
as the visual quality with the default mpeg4 settings looks awful on my
computer!!! That's a serious disk space trade off but with disks being so
cheap....
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting