[mythtv] A couple Questions, seeking opinions.

Alex Krohn mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 08 Dec 2002 12:19:59 -0800

Hi,

> 	I have been using MythTV for a while now and have been quite pleased
> with it.  Over the weekend I've ran into two questions that I would like
> to bounce off you guys.
>
> 1.  Are any of you using autologin for your mythtv boxen?  If so how did
> you accomplish this.  I am not running KDE or GNOME, so using them to
> autologin is not an option.  I'm currently running myth on a gentoo 1.2
> setup.  Using TWM as the windows manager.

Add something like:

    su - alex --login -c /usr/X11R6/bin/startx

to your /etc/conf.d/local.start file to autologin. Then you can put
mythfrontend in your .xinitrc to auto start myth when x starts.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alex Krohn <alex@gossamer-threads.com>