[mythtv] Success: ATI 7500

Chris Liscio mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 18:12:27 -0500

> I am a big fan. I was (as you recall) looking at the 440 (nVidia)
> series card, but this one does a lot more for less money. It even boots
> the BIOS to the S-Video output.

As I understand, nobody successfully had the 7500 working...

Also, the MX400 (and I would imagine the 440, as any sane video card with
tv-out would) boots up with the tv-out operational.

One thing the nVidia cards have over the ATI cards in Linux right now (and I
don't mind being corrected...) is the nvtv application that allows for some
tweaking of the tvout chip.  This includes (and is certainly not limited to)
overscanning, contrast, brightness, etc.

Just my 0.02, since I am a tweek freek.  :)

Cheers,
Chris