[mythtv] MythWeb

Mr. Adam ALLEN mythtv-dev@snowman.net
07 Dec 2002 17:09:30 +0000

--=-/jeW70EeF6YRkXXHJbdx

On Fri, 2002-12-06 at 21:29, Michael Kedl wrote:
> Maybe its just me.....
>=20
> I run RedHat 8.0 with whatever version of Apache and php that comes with
> (should be pretty new); and I have to make sure every file starts with
> <?php or it doesn't merge them correctly when viewed as a web page.

php-4.2.2
apache-2.0.40

> After I fixed all the php files to start that way everything looks
> great.
> Maybe you should change the archive to do this?  Not sure why it doesn't
> cause you a problem.

You can change /etc/php.ini to allow short-tag opening, but how many
novices with RedHat 8.0 would understand to do that. It's best to use
the <?php since the <? could be confused with XML....
It takes time to go through scripts to do the changing though.

Another issue with php is the register global vars. Where $submit as a
form variable needs to be accessed as $_POST["submit"] or
$_GET["submit"]. Again this can be changed in the php.ini file.

$HTTP_POST_VARS["submit"] is acceptable in older versions of PHP as well
as the latest PHP 4.2.3, but I'm pretty sure that $_POST["submit"]
wouldn't work in earlier version of PHP.. (Don 't have early versions to
test with).

I've not looked at MythWeb yet, but it might need pointing out in the
docs.. or changing the code.

--=20
NAME    :	Adam Allen.
EMAIL   :	adam@dynamicinteraction.co.uk

COMMENT :	~~~~ insert your favourite signature comment here ~~~~

PGP     :	http://search.keyserver.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=3Dvindex&search=
=3Dadam%40dynamicinteraction.co.uk

--=-/jeW70EeF6YRkXXHJbdx

--=-/jeW70EeF6YRkXXHJbdx--