[mythtv] /dev/dsp busy?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 16:45:12 +0100

> Van: Nathan Ziarek <nathan@ziarek.com>
>
> If this is on-board sound, pretty sure it means that it doesn't handle
> duplex audio - MythTV needs to be able to record and playback at the
> same time, and on board sound (as I am learning), sucks.

Not all on board sound sucks. btw, it _used_ to suck. Most modern (ehm, 1
year old (?)) mobos do quite excellent work. Though it is most of the time
only 2 channel audio. Some compare it to SB16, but for my likeing even my
'el cheapo' ECS K7S5A (SiS chipset, tells enough?) produces better sound
than those crappy SB16's, and it's full-duplex (according to the manual).

	Henk Poley <><