[mythtv] improving quality of capture/playback

Larry Matter mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 09:36:44 -0800 (PST)

> I have an HD TV and It makes 1024x768 (It has
> PC-VGA input)

This is interesting.  In thinking about this issue, it occured to me that
a big part of the problem is "dumbing down" the signal to TV
(under/overscan, etc).  Why not just buy a really nice monitor instead
trying so hard to get it to look good on a TV?  Of course, I know a big
monitor is a lot of money, but if you are in the market for a new big
screen or whatever, maybe this is the way to go.  Obviously not for
everybody...

> My processor is an MAD-XP1800  ;-P  (that now you can get super cheap
> from www.compgeeks.com)

I have an AMD tbird 1200 with 512MB DDR memory.  The performance seems
fine; it's the artifacts and washed out colors I want to work on.

> Just my two simplistic cents...

Thanks!
Larry