[mythtv] ATI Radeon TV-out (was: G400-TV) questions

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. mythtv-dev@snowman.net
05 Dec 2002 12:20:41 -0800

[...]

b> TV out is NOT supported in the main CVS branch. You need
b> to checkout specifically the "devel" branch for ati.2 .
b> This branch is out of date so use the released version
b> of drm-kernel rather than CVS. These were developed for
b> use with XFree86 4.2.x.

        Okay, thanks.  I finally got it working by installing RedHat
8.0's XFree86 4.2 source tree (not XFree86 CVS) and building the devel
branch GATOS driver against it.  I accidentally used CVS drm-kernel
and it worked so I left it at that.  I also had to add the "CrtScreen"
driver option in XF86Config.

        The last thing I needed to do was to stop the GATOS theatre
extension from getting loaded -- it was causing hangs.

[...]

>> ...I also tried the "atitvout"
>> program which apparently uses some BIOS calls to enable TV out but it
>> can't detect that the TV is connected.

b> Keep this handy. For me, whenever I leave X and go to a
b> text virtual terminal the sync is messed up. I have to
b> type blind to reset the screen with "atitvout".

        This doesn't seem to be working for me yet but I haven't
played with it too much.
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj@pacbell.net