[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Bernard Johnson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 14:28:17 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray" <maillists@sonictech.net>
To: <mythtv-dev@snowman.net>
Sent: Wednesday, December 04, 2002 12:49 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

> Have you tried Myth with the hardware mjpeg support and if so what do you
> think of the capture quality compared to your WinTV card?

I have not tried this.  When I got the TVOUT working and found that I lost
scaling and hw accel on head 2, I basically dropped trying to use this card
(at least for tvout/capture) and bought a scan convertor and a win-tv (total
of $110 for both).

> >  Although, I
> > would be willing to switch the accel/scaling support to head2 if that is
> > possible.  I haven't made any attempts to use the framebuffer directly
for
> > video (although I understand *that* is well supported), because if I
can't
> > display myth to the 2nd head, it's not very useful for me.
>
> I may be misunderstanding something but I think you'd have to have your TV
> hooked to head 1 to get accel support on it.

Maybe this is a problem with my depth of knowledge what you can do with the
card.  How would you make tvout go to head 1?  *Physically* when I hook up
my system, I have a VGA port (hooked to head 1) and a cable/breakout box for
head 2.  Is there a way to switch the internal hardware somehow?