[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:48:13 -0700

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 01:16:00PM -0500, Russell Hatch wrote:
> Yeah right now im just using the clone feature of the drivers on the second
> head.  And then within the powerdesk software I set the display type to
> NTSC.  It all works just fine except for the actual full screen video, and
> like Shawn said I guess that isn't possible unless they figured out a way to
> do it in software.

With all due respect to Shawn, all other Matrox G-Series cards have xv
support working just fine and I don't see why Matrox would make serious
(read expensive) changes in the the dual head model.  AFIK the only
limitation is that you don't get acceleration on the second head but since
you are using mirroring I'm surprised this a problem.  If nothing else you
should at least try the Matrox framebuffer drivers and use matroxset (from
the mplayer source) to set up mirroring and see what happens.

Bottom line is that I could be wrong since I don't have this model but I
wouldn't give up so easily.

--
Ray