[mythtv] Re: Tivo Series 2

Charles Choukalos mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:37:55 -0800 (PST)

>   38. Re: TiVo Series2 (Brent Borghese)
Brent,

I'm curious as I had looked rather hard at Tivo and
ReplayTV.  I want a PVR that can access files from an
external PC (aka my file server) and move its recorded
files to said external PC so I can then view my
recorded movies on my laptop when I'm on the road.  As
far as I knew, you could only pull files off the
series 1 TIVO (but had to jump through a lot of
hurdles).  Can you do anything remotely similar with
the Tivo Series 2?  How quite is the TIVO?  My huge
beef with MythTV is it just makes way too much noise
for me (Heck, I think the XBOX makes too much noise).
Any one have good pointers for building a silent PC (I
know I saw the case link on the main web page)....but
when you're talking Athalon's, you're talking serious
noise from just the CPU fan!.  So are the Shuttle
boxes, the way to go or one of those Zalmin CPU
coolers and a silent case?

-Chuck