[mythtv] G400 and TV Out (again)

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 14:58:03 +0100

> Van: Emmett Pate <emmett@epate.com>
>
> On Monday 02 December 2002 07:17 pm, Russell Hatch wrote:
> > I was just wondering how far people got with the TV Out on their Matrox
> > G400 Dualheads since this was last discussed.
>
> Unfortunately, I haven't made any progress with the G400 either.  I was
> hoping to get the TV-OUT (on either head) to be the only output - so that
> the machine could boot, initialize the TV-OUT, and then start up MythTV.

So you are already able to output data to the TV-out? You should then check
your BIOS if you can disable the monitor test at POST, or else look around
if there are dongles that make the videocard think it has a monitor
connected. As soon as you are booted into linux you could set things to
TV-out.

btw, I guess that the YUV->RGB decode thing will still stop you from using
it with MythTV.

	Henk Poley <><