[mythtv] MythScores / MythOverlay??

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 1 Dec 2002 21:01:15 -0800 (PST)

> Every time I watch sports scores I think it would be great if FOX would
> keep the scores scrolling across the top...I've also thought that it
> would be even better to be able to bring them up myself, whenever I
> want.

I don't really like sports, but this is a GREAT idea.  I mean, the idea of
the scrolling info bar has been used by all the news shows (if you can
call them "news" shows anymore) and they are cool to get news bits quick,
BUT they get in the way some times.  If you could turn on/off the scolling
info bar, and you were able to decide WHAT info goes into the bar...way
cool.

> What about automatic weather lookup?

Yeah.  Weather was the first to pop into my mind :)  Stock tickers, new
headlines, sports scores, "what's on now" channel listings, show times for
your local movie theaters, etc.  This could be cool!

> I really only know how to code with Visual Basic - sure that isn't going
> to work. I've got time to learn, though, so what language should I focus
> on?

C++...it's the alpha...it is the omega....

Great idea!

Jeremy