[mythtv] MythTV does not appear to work with FB setups

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:36:11 -0400

On Friday 30 August 2002 03:27 pm, Preston A. Elder wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm trying to use MythTV on a setup using vesafb as the X driver (mainly
> because a native one doesnt exist for my vid card yet).
>
> I can use xawtv, but I have to provide the options -fb -nodga to be able to
> do it, which is probably whats screwing me up here.
>
> The error message I'm getting from MythTV tho, is rather bizarre:
>
> $ mythtv
> Probed: Television
> Probed: Composite1
> Probed: S-Video
> Probed: Composite3
> Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
> libavcodec: CPU flags: mmx mmxext 3dnow
> using rtjpeg
> strange error flushing buffer ...
> Couldn't find Xv support, exiting
>
> An X box pops up for a while, and dissapears again promptly.  I have xv
> installed.

Doesn't really matter if you have it installed or not, it matters if support
exists for it, which, it doesn't look like -- run xvinfo and see.

> Incidentally, I tried running mythfrontend, just to check it out, however I
> couldnt click the mouse on it, my mouse cursor kept going BEHIND the window
> (and I noticed the window did not have any window decorations).  I'll
> assume this is because its not ment to be run directly *grin*.

No, it's meant to be used with a keyboard, not a mouse.  The mouse is
disappearing, not going behind the window.

Isaac