[mythtv] Redhat 7.3

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 13:36:31 -0400

On Sunday 18 August 2002 09:41 am, Randy Page wrote:
> On August 17, 2002 08:34 pm, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > The lockup, or the error messages?
>
> Sorry.  The lockup. Using pr4, gcc 2.96, xawtv works just fine.

Hum.  This is what to check/try, in the order to try (basically, the
meaningful changes from pr3 to 0.4):

First check:
- that the AudioDevice setting is right.
- that the VideoDevice setting is right.

I doubt that those being wrong could lock the machine, though, but just wanted
to make absolutely sure.

Then try each of these, in order:

- comment out the break; at line 170 of XJ.cpp
- comment out the the 15 lines starting with line 186 of XJ.cpp (fo =
XvList...  until the printf("Using xv port...  )
- comment the entire while (frameheader.frametype != 'A' .....) clause (19
lines) starting at ~ line 230 of NuppelVideoPlayer.cpp

Might be a bit of a pain to test, if it's locking the machine, but that's
really the only way for me know which one of those changes is the culprit.

Isaac