[mythtv-commits] Ticket #13072: Schedule busy looping with sched_sleep of 0

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Tue Aug 8 14:53:00 UTC 2017


#13072: Schedule busy looping with sched_sleep of 0
----------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  lucylangthorne55@…    |          Owner:  gigem
     Type:  Bug Report - General  |         Status:  infoneeded_new
 Priority:  minor                 |      Milestone:  unknown
Component:  MythTV - Scheduling   |        Version:  0.28.0
 Severity:  medium                |     Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |  Ticket locked:  0
----------------------------------+--------------------------------

Comment (by lucylangthorne55@…):

 I've added some debug but hadn't added enough. And now it's not failing at
 all, perhaps I don't have enough EIT events/programmes starting to trigger
 it.

 One thing that happened was that when we loop to call HandleRecordings,
 afterwards the nextStartTime was unchanged, which means the sched_sleep
 was zero since nextStartTime is in the past on the next doRun loop. But I
 didn't have enough debug to see what was happening, and it didn't result
 in the long busy loops that I have been getting.

 I've added some debug around there to see how the nextStarttime is being
 modified and just waiting for it to happen again.


 It looks like it just happened and looped for 30 seconds. I'll double
 check and see what was happening at the time. Looks like it was just prior
 to a programme start.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13072#comment:7>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org>
MythTV Media Center


More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list