[mythtv-commits] Ticket #13077: mythconverg_backup.pl strange behavior when using IPV6 for database

MythTV noreply at mythtv.org
Thu Aug 3 12:23:15 UTC 2017


#13077: mythconverg_backup.pl strange behavior when using IPV6 for database
----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  pbennett                    |          Owner:  pbennett
     Type:  Bug Report - General        |         Status:  assigned
 Priority:  minor                       |      Milestone:  needs_triage
Component:  Contributed Scripts & Apps  |        Version:  v29-fixes
 Severity:  medium                      |     Resolution:
 Keywords:                              |  Ticket locked:  0
----------------------------------------+------------------------------

Comment (by mdean):

 So, it seems that MySQL programs (like mysqldump) won't allow a bracketed
 IPv6 address for their host specification, so bracketing the IPv6 address
 in config.xml won't work.  The attached patch should bracket a not-
 already-bracketed IPv6 address for only the DBI connection using a quick-
 and-dirty test to see if it looks like an IPv6 address (looking for one or
 more colon characters in the value).  I didn't want to pull in Net::IP or
 any other module just to check, so I thought this might be good enough
 (though I fully admit to not being a network address/host name expert, so
 please correct me if it's a bad test).  Note that I did not actually test
 this patch with an IPv6-enabled MySQL server, so I'd appreciate your
 testing it.

 If config.xml does allow specifying a bracketed IPv6 address, we would
 need to scrub out the brackets from the db_host so mysqldump will work.
 I'm guessing bracketed IPv6 addresses in config.xml are not allowed
 because I do not think that libmysqlclient allows bracketed IPv6 addresses
 (so the Qt MySQL drivers wouldn't connect).

 Note, too, that mythconverg_restore.pl will need a similar update.  I'm
 only uploading the patch for backup and the restore patch can be created
 once we've verified the approach.  Thanks.

--
Ticket URL: <https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/13077#comment:3>
MythTV <http://www.mythtv.org>
MythTV Media Center


More information about the mythtv-commits mailing list