<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><br></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 12:41 PM Bill Meek <<a href="mailto:keemllib@gmail.com">keemllib@gmail.com</a>> wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex"> I think this failure is mine alone but it seems to fail because of an<br><br><br><br>
See what's in /var/log/mythtv/hdhr_discovery.log<br>
<br>
Be sure the above is writable by user mythtv. My own user is a<br>
member of group mythtv and the file looks like this:<br>
<br>
  -rw-rw-r-- 1 mythtv mythtv 5735 Feb  3 11:28 /var/log/mythtv/hdhr_discovery.log<br>
<br>
If that doesn't help, run /usr/local/bin/hdhomerun_check.py from<br>
the command line.<br>
<br>
-- <br>
Bill<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>Here's what's in the log starting from this morning early. But there are no entries around when I did the update on mythtv.</div><div><br></div><span style="font-family:monospace"><span style="color:rgb(0,0,0)">2022-02-03 05:58:26 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
</span><br>2022-02-03 05:58:26 WARNING     hdhomerun_config discover failed, return code = 1.
<br>2022-02-03 05:58:28 WARNING     hdhomerun_config discover failed, return code = 1.
<br>2022-02-03 05:58:31 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=4.429, attempts=3.
<br>2022-02-03 11:32:34 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 11:32:34 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.434, attempts=1.
<br>2022-02-03 11:38:02 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 11:38:02 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.421, attempts=1.
<br>2022-02-03 12:05:46 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 12:05:47 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.426, attempts=1.
<br>2022-02-03 13:02:35 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 13:02:36 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.422, attempts=1.
<br>2022-02-03 13:05:55 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 13:05:56 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.422, attempts=1.
<br>2022-02-03 13:06:25 INFO        Starting HD Homerun discovery
<br>2022-02-03 13:06:25 INFO        Found HD Homerun. Seconds=0.422, attempts=1.<br>
<br>I thought I had changed the owner of the log to mythtv when I installed the override.conf, but here's what it is today</span></div><div class="gmail_quote">-rw-rw-r-- 1 syslog adm 2540 Feb  3 13:06 hdhr_discovery.log<br><div><br></div><div> Running as my user, 'jim', it works and leaves an entry in the log</div><div><br></div><div>jim@kubuntu-closet:/var/log/mythtv$ hdhomerun_check.py<br>jim@kubuntu-closet:/var/log/mythtv$ <br></div><div><br></div><div>Running as user 'mythtv' fails.  If I change the ownership of hdhr_discovery.log, should it not stay that way??</div><div><br></div><div>JIm A</div><div><br></div></div></div>