[mythtv-users] Firmware not loading

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Sun Mar 24 02:27:32 UTC 2024

On Sat, Mar 23, 2024, 19:12 <lists at arewethere.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2024 at 06:31:34AM +0800, James Linder wrote:
> > >

> > >  Some packages could not be installed.

> > >  The following packages have unmet dependencies:,
> > >  libcec-dev : Depends: libcec6 (= 6.0.2-1ubuntu2) but 6.0.2-2 is to be
> installed
> >
> > Bil, I know I’m being a dork, but that  is like saying “The red one’s
> edges are wrong”
> > What does the errror mean?
> > And in particular how would I resolve it?
>
> The libcec-dev package wants a particular version of libcec6 installed.
> But that version is not available for some reason.

Of note, The development package [libcec-dev] requires an Ubuntu version of
the [libcec6] package, but the package to be installed is not labeled with
the Ubuntu versioning, and also appears to be slightly newer.

The below instructions of updating, looking at package policy with
apt-cache, then performing a --dry-run [performs every operation as a test
without writing anything to disk nor changing anything on the system] to
see what a reinstallation attempt would produce, looks like a good way to
see a bit more information about what is actually going on under the hood.

Hope this helps,

Mike

---