[mythtv-users] Network issues (slightly OT)

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:45:57 UTC 2024

Simon,
My primary backend is on the same subnet as the slave. I just tried
resetting the router, which I bought used. Regarding that passive switch
that the slave is behind: I have a Raspberry Pi (running pihole) and a
networked printer running off that same switch. I can ping the RPi and
print. I have a dual boot setup for that primary that is inaccessible from
the net. I can ping the Windows installation (different IP address, same
hardware) successfully. This suggests that the problem is local to my
Ubuntu setup and that the router and the switch aren't implicated.

I guess the next thing to try is to revert the primary backend to DHCP and
see if its accessible.

Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.