[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py script doesn't delete anything

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 04:23:54 UTC 2024

I had some sort of disk crash and all my recording files have gone. But
that's OK I didn't need them. However, it means I now have thousands of
records in the database that don't have a matching recording file on disk.

I thought I could clean that up with find_orphans.py but it doesn't delete
anything. It lists recording and I enter "1" for Delete orphaned recording
entries and confirm 'yes'. It then thinks for a couple of minutes and then
says it couldn't delete one of the recordings. It then just presents the
same recordings list again. And this goes on forever.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another way I can delete all
the database recording values without using this script (and without
manually doing it in Mythweb)?

Regards,
Phill