[mythtv-users] Network issues (slightly OT)

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 00:44:20 UTC 2024

Thanks for the analysis. My router (G3100 Verizon FIOS) has a built-in 4
port switch. The slave backend is behind another 8 port dumb switch (I
needed to network a printer in the same room). DNS seems to work at the
backend workstation, I can ping google.com. I discovered an address
conflict with one of my numerous wifi devices and my slave backend, but
it's not the communications with the secondary backend that seems to be the
problem. I will note that I can't ping my primary backend from my laptop,
which can ping the slave. The slave can't ping the master. The difference
seems to be the slave is behind another switch. I've made some changes in
the IPV4 connection list on the router. I'm going to give it an hour or two
to update (home router).

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.