[mythtv-users] Upgrading old mythtv

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri Jun 28 21:49:35 UTC 2024

On 28/06/2024 21:51, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> I'm upgrading my MythTV setup. Currently my backend is MythTV v29.x. running on
> CentOS-7.

(snip)

If you're running on software that old, be prepared to need to upgrade your motherboard. There have
been many changes over the recent years and older boards are going to find it difficult to manage.
UEFI is one major stumbling block I have noticed. Some processors, particularly older Intel ones,
can also encounter problems with newer OS releases.

Of course, YMMV.

--

Mike Perkins