[mythtv-users] season and episode population from schedules direct json has been incomplete.

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 17:22:54 UTC 2024

> On Jan 13, 2024, at 11:27 AM, Gary Buhrmaster <gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jan 13, 2024 at 3:36 PM Jay Harbeston <jharbestonus at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> So I have captured the xml file generated during the mythfilldatabase run, and searching through the file I don’t find any references to <season> or <episode> tags in it at all.
>
> You would likely not, as there is no <season>
> or <episode> tag defined in the xmltv dtd.
> Do you think you were getting them previously?

I don’t know. Just an observation of the data. I thought I might get lucky and that would be the way it was identified. :-)

> The season/episode numbers are typically
> found in the <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">
> Tag.

There are several shows that do have the <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.0.0/2</episode-num> type lines

And there are also several missing for multiple shows and multiple channels.

Weird.

Is there a way to look into the cache file to see things there. I do see references to season and episode referenced in it for each of the shows/episodes, but is partially a binary file and can’t tell what I’m getting.

>> I do notice one thing in the xml file and that is that the program tags are programme instead of program.
>
> That would be the proper English spelling (as in
> the King's English).

Figured that. :-)

>> Strange, Help!
>
> First thing to do is check your mythfilldatabase
> logs (with the --verbose general,xmltv option)
> to see if there is anything of interest there.

So I have run mythfilldatabase as follows:

mythfilldatabase --verbose general,xmltv

And there are no errors indicating any issues. There are Note lines and Info lines. There is only one warning about UTC not defined, and guessing implicit UTC.

None of the I lines or N lines indicate anything amiss regarding the data.

Robert,

This is the Doc Martin episode Fly Me to The Moonthat will be broadcast on 39.1 WUNC  on April 20th at 6pm.

<episode-num system="dd_progid">EP006870310129</episode-num>
It does not have the xmltv_ns line Gary is referring to above.

Thank you for the assistance!