[mythtv-users] Leanfront testers wanted for Android TV

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 18:30:39 UTC 2024

On 09/01/2024 16:53, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Hi All
>
> To all who possess an Android TV device that is not an Amazon fire tv or
> fire tv stick.
>
> I am working on getting leanfront available in the google app store.
>
> Google have a requirement that it be installed from the play store and
> tested by 20 users for 14 days continuously before it can be made
> generally available.
>
> This is a new requirement from Google that started last November.
>
> 20 users have to install leanfront on their devices and leave it there
> for at least 14 days. It has to be installed from the play store using a
> special URL. How much you use the application is not important, but it
> may be important that the google TV device be powered on.
>
> If you have a non-fire android TV or google TV device (e.g. NVidia
> Shield, onn streaming box, google chrome cast, Smart TV with android
> TV), please assist in this process.
>
> You need to email me the google logon email address that you use with
> the device. I have to add email addresses to a list at google. Only
> people on the list can install leanfront from the play store.
>
> I will send instructions to you once I have the email address added at
> google.
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

Sony TV  Model  BRAVIA TL    CTN KD-32W800

Software version: Up to date at braviatl.16140 of Mon Sep 18 22023

Android patch level:  5 Sep 2023

Leanback version from Orangedox:  v0-466-g439ca16

Mythbackend:  Fedora 38, today's Master

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/30a908b5871f4840e09a3286102fc9c10e63b4bf

Sign in:    johnpilk222 at gmail.com