[mythtv-users] Leanfront testers wanted for Android TV

Peter Bennett pb.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 16:53:20 UTC 2024

Hi All

To all who possess an Android TV device that is not an Amazon fire tv or
fire tv stick.

I am working on getting leanfront available in the google app store.

Google have a requirement that it be installed from the play store and
tested by 20 users for 14 days continuously before it can be made
generally available.

This is a new requirement from Google that started last November.

20 users have to install leanfront on their devices and leave it there
for at least 14 days. It has to be installed from the play store using a
special URL. How much you use the application is not important, but it
may be important that the google TV device be powered on.

If you have a non-fire android TV or google TV device (e.g. NVidia
Shield, onn streaming box, google chrome cast, Smart TV with android
TV), please assist in this process.

You need to email me the google logon email address that you use with
the device. I have to add email addresses to a list at google. Only
people on the list can install leanfront from the play store.

I will send instructions to you once I have the email address added at
google.

Peter