[mythtv-users] systemd foo

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Tue Jan 9 07:19:18 UTC 2024

Giday All

I have an issue of mythbackend not starting on this hardware at boot. I have pummeled the service file until it works but for my edification (not a real word) is there a better way? I want to WAIT until /store (a usb ssh) is mounted (and on this hardware a hplug signal is not emmited at boot: I thought it was the distro, but it’s the hardware)

[Unit]
Description=MythTV backend service
After=network-online.target mysql.service
Requires=mysql.service
Wants=network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/mythbackend.env
User=jam
Group=video
ExecStartPre=bash -c "for((i=1;i<=90;i+=1)); do if [ -b /dev/disk/by-label/MYTHTV ]; then break; fi; sleep 1; done"
ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/mythbackend --logpath /var/log/mythtv $MYTHBACKEND_OPTIONS

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Thanks
James