[mythtv-users] Leanfront problem - too many recordings?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jan 1 08:56:58 UTC 2024

Having just bought a new LG C3 48" 4K TV, I have now also got a FireTV
Stick 4K Max to go with it, as that seems to be the easy way to get a
full HDMI 2.1 4:4:4 connection to the TV for the best picture.  So I
have installed the leanfront app on it and tried it out.  When I set
leanfront to point to my mother's MythTV box, it works as expected.
But when I point it to my own MythTV box, it fails to download the
recordings list.  I suspect this is due to my box having 63021
recordings (121.9 Tibytes).  When I do a command like this from
another PC on my network:

curl http://mypvr:6544/Dvr/GetRecordedList -o recordedlist.xml

it takes just over 45 seconds before the backend starts sending the
list, and then the downloaded list is 143 Mbytes.  So I suspect two
different things could be a problem where - first, leanfront may be
timing out while waiting to receive the data from the backend, and
second, the data may be too big for leanfront to handle.  Is there a
way to see if leanfront is logging any messages that would shed some
light on the problem?