[mythtv-users] optimize_mythdb.pl on Debian via deb-multimedia

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 20:07:36 UTC 2024

On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 6:12 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> The MythTV.pm file is a Perl module found in the libmythtv-perl
> package on Ubuntu.  I would also recommend installing the
> libmyth-python package so MythTV Python utilities such as
> find_orphans.py will also work.
>
> To find missing files on Ubuntu (and likely Debian also), you can use
> "apt-file find".  You have to install the apt-file package, and
> remember to run "apt-file update" before using it so it has the latest
> package databases.

So installing libmythtv-perl and libxml-simple-perl fix optimize-mythdb.pl.

However, for find_orphans,py I'm getting an error. If it's related to
libmyth-python(3) that doesn't exist on deb-multimedia.

Console log below:

./find_orphans.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "/home/jim/./find_orphans.py", line 221, in <module>
   DB = MythDB()
        ^^^^^^^^
 File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/MythTV/database.py", line 1276, in
__init__
   raise MythDBError(MythError.DB_CREDENTIALS)
MythTV.exceptions.MythDBError: Could not find database login credentials

Jim A