[mythtv-users] mythtv from deb-multimedia.org?

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 03:49:50 UTC 2024

On Sun, Feb 25, 2024 at 7:56 PM Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2024 at 00:34, James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I started using mythtv v34 about 6 months ago. At that time I was moving
> to Debian 12 and mythtv on deb-multimedia.org was v33.  So I built Mythtv
> debian packages following the wiki for Mythtv on Debian.  I will probably
> continue to do this but was curious about deb-multimedia.  They have V34
> for Debian testing/Trixie but not Bookworm.
> >
> > I spun up a VM of Debian Trixie and installed Mythtv v34 using
> deb-multimedia.  But my question for those who understand deb-multimedia,
> will they ever support fixes/34 on Debian 12 Stable Bookworm?
>
> MythTV 34.0 is available in the deb-multimedia stable-backports repo:
>

> https://deb-multimedia.org/dists/stable-backports/main/binary-amd64/package/mythtv
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Thanks, I spun up a VM with Debian 12 via LMDE 6 and added the
stable-backports repo per the instructions on deb-multimedia.org.  I
installed mythtv via

sudo apt install -t stable-backports mythtv

Using the new Web App I got a v34 backend/frontend working.

So my question now is can I easily switch my normal Debian mythtv system
from my own built packages to use the ones from deb-multimedia. If I can do
this without screwing things up, it would be less work for me in the long
run.

I'm guessing I remove the list file from apt for my local repo and add the
list for the stable backport.  I'm not sure about removing my version of
v34 and adding the deb-multimedia version.

Jim A