[mythtv-users] Struggling to build v34 on Opensuse leap 15.4 and 15.5

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Wed Feb 14 13:02:10 UTC 2024

> On Feb 14, 2024, at 20:57, James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:

>>> I had no luck when trying, but having extra gcc was harmless. (and I did not waste time spelunking)
>>> What I cannot see is how to ‘ansible’ the mysql pip bit.
>>> Tumbleweed uses gcc13 and python 3.11
>>> in case it is of any value, from history:
>>>  139  sudo zypper in mariadb-tools
>>>  140  sudo zypper in bc git ansible
>>>  141  sudo zypper in gcc13-c++ gcc13
>>>  142  sudo zypper in python311
>>>  143  sudo zypper in python311-lxml
>>>  144  sudo zypper in python311-requests python311-simplejson
>>>  145  sudo zypper in python311-future
>>>  146  sudo zypper in python311-requests-cache
>>>  147  sudo zypper in python3-requests-cache
>>>  148  sudo zypper in python3-devel
>>>  149  pip3 install mysqlclient
>>>  150  cd PROJECTS/ansible/
>>>  151  git pull
>>>  152  ./mythtv.yml --limit=localhost
>>>  153  sudo zypper in python311-devel
>>>  154  pip3 install mysqlclient
>>>  155  cd ../mythtv/
>>>  156  git pull
>>> Here I was trying stuff
>>>  157  ./configure --cc=gcc-13 --cxx=g++-13 --enable-set-cc-default --python=python3.11
>>>  158  cd mythtv
>>>  159  ./configure --cc=gcc-13 --cxx=g++-13 --enable-set-cc-default --python=python3.11
>>>  160  make -j 9
>>>  161  git clean -xfd
>>>  162  ./configure --cc=gcc-13 --cxx=g++-13 --enable-set-cc-default --python=python3.11
>>>  163  make -j 9
>>>  164  sudo make install
>>
>> I found a python311-mysqlclient package in the repo devel:languages:python:backports. Including that makes my package generation succeed.
>>
>> I haven't managed to find python311-requests-cache so far. Where are you getting that from?
>
> Paul that is history, does not show errors, checked my system
>
> i+ | python3-requests-cache

Adding more which may help

[seagull] /home/jam [1007]% zypper se python |grep ^i+
i+ | python3-devel                                            | Include Files and Libraries Mandatory for Building Python Modules                     | package
i+ | python3-future                                           | Single-source support for Python 3 and 2                                              | package
i+ | python3-oauth2                                           | A fully tested, abstract interface to creating OAuth clients and servers              | package
i+ | python3-requests-cache                                   | Persistent cache for requests library                                                 | package
i+ | python3-urlgrabber                                       | A high-level cross-protocol url-grabber                                               | package
i+ | python311                                                | Python 3 Interpreter                                                                  | package
i+ | python311-devel                                          | Include Files and Libraries Mandatory for Building Python Modules                     | package
i+ | python311-future                                         | Single-source support for Python 3 and 2                                              | package
i+ | python311-lxml                                           | Pythonic XML processing library                                                       | package
i+ | python311-requests                                       | Python HTTP Library                                                                   | package
i+ | python311-simplejson                                     | Extensible JSON encoder/decoder for Python                                            | package

James