[mythtv-users] mythfrontend (web)

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 23:24:58 UTC 2024

On Sun, Feb 11, 2024 at 5:36 PM John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just wanted to give a big shout out to Peter Bennett for his work on the
> web frontend for mythtv.
>
> I realized my Mom's mythtv system was not going to record the Super Bowl
> for her today but it was an easy fix thanks to Peter's work. I was able to
> VPN into her system, bring up the web frontend in a browser and add a
> recording rule.
>
> Thank you Peter!
>

> John

I agree with you 100%.  I moved to V34 6 months ago and it was primarily
because of the new Web App.  It makes setup as well as daily maintenance
much easier. I travel a lot and I want my shows recorded when I get back.
I have many times VPN'ed back onto my network and run the Web App to add
recordings or change rules. In the past I had to try to use mythtv-setup
over ssh -X or Mythweb.  Mythweb had many bugs that I seemed to always
find.

With the Web App, all that is gone.

Thanks for all the hard work, Peter,

JIm A