[mythtv-users] Simulcast Recordings

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Feb 6 16:49:27 UTC 2024

On 06/02/2024 15:45, Barry Martin wrote:
> Hi Folks!
>
> Thanks for the suggestions -- some are coming close but have a 'flaw' which is correct for the
> option but not working around the simulcast recording I want.
>
> One that looked like a winner was:
>
> -  Programme Finder --> Select Show, and either of the simulcast stations
>
> -  <Enter>  Menu pops up, select "Record all showings (this channel)" Accept through.
>
> -  The Programme Finder Menu now shows it will record on both stations (4.1, 26.4) but not others
> (like 6.2).  So far, so good!
>
> -  Go into Manage Recordings > Upcoming Recordings ... and it's only going to record on 4.1.
> "Oddly" doesn't even display 26.4 as a 'earlier recording' option.
>

> Tried various combinations of New Episodes, First Showing, This Channel --- none give the desired
> outcome.
>
> Oh well....  Guess manual recordings for now and tweak the antenna when the weather warms up.

I suspect the only way to do what you want is to set up another, independant, back end. On that
you'd have one source containing only the channels of interest. Don't forget to remove those
channels from your other backend! Done that way you can turn off the duplicate tests and record
whatever you want.

Or, now you have two backends, record one channel on one backend and the other on the other.

Either way, you would need to import the recordings to your main box (as videos) to view them.

--

Mike Perkins