[mythtv-users] Simulcast Recordings

David Engel david at istwok.net
Tue Feb 6 02:26:47 UTC 2024

On Mon, Feb 05, 2024 at 08:32:39PM -0500, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 2/5/24 15:55, Barry Martin wrote:
> >

> > Hi Hika!
> >

> > > You could try disabling duplicate matching. I never tried, but it then
> > > should record every showing.
> >
> > That works to get both stations but then I loose MythTV's ability to not
> > record reruns (which U.S. broadcast networks seem to be doing frequently
> > lately), as well as possibly recording syndicated reruns on other
> > stations.
> >
> > Barry
> >

> You could try disabling duplicate matching and also selecting "First
> Showing" or "New Episode" in Filter options. ( I don't know what the
> difference is between these two).

First Showing only matches the first time the program appears in the
current guide data.  It won't match a showing later in the evening or
later in the week (this is commonly done on some cable channels).
This filter is usually used for sporting or other events where the
"live" showing is the one wanted and not any replays.

New Episode only matches showings that are new in the user's
geographic area.  In contrast to First Showing, showings later in the
evening or week are matched as they are still considered new for a few
weeks after the first showing.  This filter is usually used to not
match re-runs.

David
--
David Engel