[mythtv-users] Raspberry 5 - another success

Martin Bene Martin.Bene at icomedias.com
Mon Feb 5 21:46:40 UTC 2024

Hi,

  *   Also did you notice any artifacts regarding color, like the color depth was low? Are you running the mythfrontend from the desktop or standalone. Thanks.

Low color depth: I noticed that on wayland, color depth defaults to 16 bit, (RGB 5:6:5); in contrast, X11 which defaults to 24 bit (RGB 8:8:8) this leads to quite visible banding when displaying gradients; it’s quite visible both in the menus and when playing content.

Just had the first success with a source code modification that actually requests a format using 8 bits/pixel under wayland; I’ll add that to an issue I opened on github.

Martin Bene,
no.disclaimer