[mythtv-users] Raspberry 5 - another success

Steve Greene sgreene820 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 23:18:02 UTC 2024

My install was with a Raspberry Pi 5, no surprises here. I'm using a
FLIRC-USB for wireless remotes. I'm running Ubuntu 23.10, using the default
packages. In Mythtv, the encoder choice was RPI5 (unsurprisingly). The only
concession I made to tweaking was to up the audio playback i/io buffer to
500. My system connects to a home router at WP54g speeds. OCCASIONALLY, you
will note minor glitches in playback, but they usually occur without
tearing the picture or distorting or skipping audio. These instances are
difficult to notice unless you're paying close attention.

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8921
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.