[mythtv-users] some ansible changes are needed for Linuxmint Debian Edition

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 16:56:06 UTC 2023

**************************************************************************************************************

> [WARNING]: Platform linux on host localhost is using the discovered
Python
 > interpreter at /usr/bin/python3.11, but future
 > installation of another Python interpreter could change the meaning of
that
 > path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
 > core/2.14/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more
 > information.
 > ok: [localhost]
 >
 > TASK [include_role : common]

 > TASK [common : Debian information used to select which roles/tasks run]
 > ok: [localhost] => {
 >     "msg": [
 >         "inventory_hostname:                 localhost",
 >         "ansible_distribution:               LMDE",
 >         "ansible_distribution_release:       faye",
 >         "ansible_distribution_major_version: 6",
 >         "ansible_lsb.major_release:          6",
 >         "ansible_pkg_mgr:                    apt"
 >     ]
 > }
 >
 > TASK [include_role : mythtv-deb]

 > TASK [mythtv-deb : create list of packages known to all Debian
 > distributions] *******************************************************
 > ok: [localhost]
 >
 > TASK [mythtv-deb : add unique packages based on distributions]
 > fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {"reason": "Could not find or access
 > '/home/jim/ansible/lmde.yml' on the Ansible Controller."}
 >
 > PLAY RECAP

> localhost                  : ok=3    changed=0    unreachable=0
failed=1
 >    skipped=4    rescued=0    ignored=0
 >
 > jim at lmde6:~/ansible$
 >

 > JIm A

Look in /home/jim/ansible/roles/mythtv-deb/tasks. I expect to see a
main.yml file.
Under that is a per-distribution files like debian.yml, ubuntu.yml and
linux_mint.yml.

Seems like Mint is using "LMDE" rather than "Linux MInt"  as returned in
the ansible_distribution.
I'd disagree with that choice since there's no indication of a unique
distribution but it's theirs.

I convert names to lower case and replace spaces with '_'s in the
mythtv-deb role.

Try copying the linux_mint.yml file to lmde.yml

That may only change the fatal reason, but it's a start. You can take this
off-list if still fails
and more changes are necessary.

--
Bill