[mythtv-users] First time using Leanback frontend on FireTV 4k and needing some assistance to prevent it 'crashing'

Jay Harbeston jharbestonus at gmail.com
Mon Sep 25 19:26:19 UTC 2023

I am trying to use the leanback frontend, getting setup working properly. And the backend status is showing up correctly when selecting info.

When I select Recording rules, the current recording rules do show up on it.
When I select upcoming recordings, all upcoming recordings(active or not) show up in the list.

Nothing tho shows up on the guide listings, and nothing shows up on the recording lists.

When I do a refresh lists, the busy icon circles for a few moments, and then exits back to the FireTV display.

I am using the arm 32 bit version, and not the arm 64 version.

Also I am running mythtv backend master,   v34.0~master.202308141618.9a6bbd3840~ubuntu22.04.1

The mythtv frontend master version is working well on the firetv  4k.. with an occasional ‘frame skip’ I can see when there is an info crawl at the bottom of the screen.

Any ideas what I’m doing wrong? I am using the leaseback version from late July 2023.

Regards!