[mythtv-users] Power search recording rules

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 03:04:50 UTC 2023

On Sat, Sep 23, 2023 at 2:58 PM James Abernathy <jfabernathy at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a power search recording rule that records all College Football games except those on specific channels.
>
> i.e.
> program.title='College Football' and channel.channum not in ('28_1', '22_2', '34_1', '22_1')
>
> This rule works fine but some Saturdays it still produces a number of recorded games I'm not interested in.

Is there a well-defined definition of what
you are interested/not interested in?

For example, are you only interested in
a selected set of teams?

If so, I will note that at least one of the
Schedules Direct JSON grabbers offers
a number of additional artifacts such as
the teams that are playing (presuming
Schedules Direct has that information,
which is usually true for the US College
US football games).  I believe one developer
expressed tentative interest in adding that
information for the ability for scheduling
choices at some future point, but AFAIK
no such updates have been committed.

If you might be interested in contributing
that code, you should likely post to the
-dev list for the ways to proceed.